Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thoughts

Some days I find myself sitting by myself and my mind keeps replaying the rape .  I wish my mind was an 8 track and there was no option to rewind.  When I find myself stuck inside my own head, images of the whole entire rape continue to resurface.  It's like I am stuck in a moment of shock.  How can a person be so malicious to another human being?  Rape is a violent act.  

When I was raped, I felt like I was being murdered.  I could see my life flashing before my eyes, images of my two boys and happy moments I have enjoyed in my life.  It was the scariest feeling I have ever had.  The trauma was so penetrating.  I had always heard of women being raped but I never thought it could happen to me.

During the times when I am stuck in my head and reliving all of the vile acts that flash through my mind, I find that a piece of my spirit was stolen and that hidden part may never be the same.  There is a kind of sadness that shades a portion of my heart.  I find myself in awe of others who can enjoy a wholesome laugh.  There have been times when I laugh and in an instant, I feel my heart ache deep inside.  The rape changed a part of me for the rest of my life.  

I must allow myself to cry for I know this is part of the healing process.  I try to find forgiveness in my heart for my offender.  He doesn't even feel like a real person, but rather a monster.  I have a hard time giving him human characteristics because of what he is capable of.

Soon after the reminders of the rape, somehow I am able to shake the thoughts off and lift my mind to higher places.  I remind myself that my life is a blessing and there are big plans for me.  I pray and God lifts my spirits again, as He always does.    I enjoy this happy time because I know the reminders of the rape are always a thought away.

No comments:

Post a Comment